Global Mobile Games in November｜From Playfield to Battlefield, Neymar Joins Call of Duty
The overall performance of global mobile games in November:
- [Mighty Party] increases media buying for its mini-game and releases more creatives about firing bullets;
- Tencent's overseas expansion plans advance with a global sensation [NIKKE];
- The World Cup ignites the passion for football mobile games. [FIFA Mobile] reports a 60% MoM growth in downloads;
- Popular characters drive a revenue surge for anime-style games. FGO's revenue soars by 159% and Genshin Impact's revenue rockets by 55%.
Top 20 by Advertising
The RPG [Mighty Party], famous as a bellwether of advertising creatives, increased its advertising effort in mini-games again. The game ranked Top 2 on iOS with nearly 2600 deduplicated creatives in November. Based on SocialPeta's App Advertising Analysis, [Mighty Party]'s advertising in November was as follows:
- Top 3 words of interest: Party City, Member states of the United Nations, Theatre;
- Top 3 regions of advertising were Portugal, Romania, Brazil;
- It focused on video creatives, seldom released image creatives;
- Its advertising copies mainly about how coloring creatives were relaxing with rich content. For example, "Simple but not crude", "Build your own team", "The best RPG", and so on.
As a bellwether of ad creatives, [Mighty Party] quickly updated its creatives for mini-games featuring bullets firing. Its ad creatives formed a harmonious and fantastic picture composed of firing bullets, dog head, and stickman.
[Path to Nowhere], one of the best anime-style games in 2022, finally launched its international version. The game features bossy girls, super masochists, trials of criminals, and other dark elements, remarkably distinguishing it from all the cute but hollow anime-style games in the market. It had about 1200 deduplicated creatives on iOS in December, which were released based on the following strategies:
- Top 3 advertising platforms were arcade games, card games, and action games;
- Top 3 regions of advertising were the USA, Singapore, Canada;
- Most of its creatives were video, accounting for 69.1%;
- Its creatives include playable ad, live-action dramas and character PV.
[Fun Coloring] was a casual coloring game released by Fun Coloring Studio for Google Play on 26 August. The game had an advertising duration of 65 days, during which period it gained great popularity and generated over 100 thousand downloads, thanks to its creatives characterized by simple and relaxing coloring modes and various pixel images.
In terms of advertising, [Fun Coloring] captured the top 3 spots on the Android list with its 9100 deduplicated creatives in November. Based on SocialPeta's App Advertising Analysis, [Fun Coloring]'s advertising in November was as follows:
- Top 3 words of interest: Coloring book, Jeux, TeachersPayTeachers;
- The main region of advertising was the USA;
- Most of its creatives were images, accounting for 80.33%;
- Its advertising copies mainly about how coloring creatives were relaxing with rich content. For example, "The best coloring book", "12000 coloring patterns for free", "The best way to relax", and so on.
Designed according to users' genders, ages, and preferences, the image creatives released by [Fun Coloring] were mainly about luxury cars, flowers and beauties, cartoon characters, and horror fables.
Top 20 by Revenue
Top 3 most-grossing games in November on App Store:
- [Fate/Grand Order], a gacha anime-style game released by Aniplex, reported a revenue growth of 158.9% MoM in November, thanks to its events including "Lostbelt No.7", "Chaldea Fairy Knights Cup: The Second Victory" and relevant game events, as well as the reruns of its popular characters Moriarty, Miyamoto Musashi, and Abigail.
- NCSOFT's [リネージュW (Lineage W)] reported revenue growth of 90.6% MoM in November, thanks to its 1st-anniversary events.
- In November, [Genshin Impact] released Nahida as a playable character with smooth movements and an all-powerful grass element reaction, which drove the game's revenue to a 54.7% MoM growth.
Games with outstanding revenue on Google Play in November:
- The football superstar Neymar Jr was added to [Call of Duty Mobile Season 10] as a playable operator skin, just in time for the World Cup kick-off. It pushed the game's revenue to reach a MoM growth of 32.5%;
- NCSOFT's [Lineage W] reported a revenue growth of 28.8% MoM, while [리니지M] had a revenue growth of 14.3% MoM;
- [Genshin Impact] released Nahida as a main playable character, which drove the game's revenue to an 18.6% MoM growth.
Top 20 by Download
Games newly appearing on the App Store list by download in November:
- The Chinese make-up simulation game [Makeover Studio] remained among the top 5 free games and among the top 3 simulation games with its downloads on the American App Store. It was released for Google Play on 27 August, and generated over 100 thousand downloads after over 2 months.
- On the momentum of the World Cup, [FIFA Mobile] launched a 2022 Qatar mode, which stirred up great passion among football fans. The game reported a 60% MoM growth of downloads in November.
- The big hit [NIKKE] was an advance of Tencent's overseas expansion. [NIKKE] became a global sensation, thanks to Kim Hyung-tae's experienced art skills and Tencent's skillful promotion and release.
- Century Games added a mini-game "Dog Cult" into its game [Valor Legends], changing the game name from "Valor Legends: Eternity" to "Valor Legends: Dog Rescue". The game icon and mini-game were also characterized by dogs. The game had a MoM growth of 137.5% in downloads.
Games outstanding with downloads on Google Play in November:
- Potato Games Studio's music casual game [Piano Star] adopted the classic mode of "avoiding white tiles". With a rich music library and a lively art style, the game was among the top 10 music games on Google Play in 18 countries/regions.
- SayGames released its coloring casual game [Color Page ASMR] on Google Play on 3 October. The game had a MoM growth of 19.2% in Downloads in November.
- 3D racing games stood out with their downloads. [Car Games 3D] had a MoM growth of 37.5% in downloads in November, while [Indian Bikes Driving 3D] remained stable in downloads.